My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Miss Scarlett, In the Bedroom, with the Laptop

Hey Munchkins,

I've just had a really nice day, and wanted to drop a line before bed... Well, since I'm currently in bed, dunno if technically it qualifies as before, but - ok, let's stop there - see what I mean about over-analyzing everything?

So anyway. I had a great day. I ate one of the best burgers ever (can you say medium rare with cajun spices and seasoned fries 10 times fast?), spent a bit of time in Final Fantasy XI as an elf-maiden, had a relaxing walk with my doggies, and hung out with my darling friend Nancy, waxing philosophical over life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

To crown it all, when I came to check on the blog, I had lovely and fun comments from wonderful folks from around the world, who I'm only just getting to know. (<--English major pet peeves: Should that be who or whom? GOD, I hate the fact that I'm really not sure!! I'm thinking 'who' since it is plural? Grrr... Anyone have absolute certainty, please release me!)

If you'll permit me, I'd like to introduce you to three gentlemen:

Mark A. from Texas, whose blog has a fabulous mix of witty feature commentaries and unbeatable links, all delivered in a wry and eloquent voice.

Patt from Glasgow, Scotland, whose blog entries are a delight - I can almost hear his voice, he captures it so clearly in his entries. Patt is also a talented artist who just got a digital tablet for Xmas - see if you don't think his Angelina Jolie is excellent! And don't miss those Elvis photos, folks!

Bart from Hoorn, Netherlands, from whose blog I nicked the Legolas cartoon below. Bart's blog is an eclectic collection of funny pics and thoughtful introspection.


While the Internet may have isolated us in many ways, it has also given us new opportunities to connect with people we most likely would never have encountered.


It has been a great day for me. Thank you all for contributing to it!

~A

3 Comments:

Blogger Patt said...

Thanks for the mention,on your blog.I paid a visit to your web site,fantastic.Awash with awards.I was once awarded a mars bar for winning the walking race at primary school.I guess you beat me hands down with your awards and your a dam site prettier than me.Though i think im a wee bit cuter.hehe.Thanks again for the mention.

January 31, 2006 3:40 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Hahah! Thanks, Patt!! Well, the awards are for the site really, not so much for me. I did win a ballet scholarship when I was 11, for playing a tree in a magical forest: that's gotta count for smthg, right?

January 31, 2006 3:44 AM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

thanks for the thoughtful comments, i appreciate that ;-)
you run an interestingly diverse blog yourself, nice and literary which is one of the things i really love :D

keep well...

February 01, 2006 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home