My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Insomnia Poetry

Yes. The insomnia is back. I seem to suffer it annually around the equinoxes — I suppose it takes my system its own time to adjust to the seasons changing. I usually am at my most prolific, writing-wise, when I go through these bouts. Thought I'd share one of my insomnia poems. And be gentle, please, I'm fragile :)

 I want to sleep.
      My soul is not quiet.
The night wind
      Waits outside my door
Whispering secrets
      In an unknown tongue.
I wish
      For fairies in my garden.
They could
      Sing me to sleep,
Silence for a while
      This everworking mind.

(AJ, 1-2004)



Tags: Insomnia | Anniina's Poetry

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Lion Sleeps Tonight said...

You know I adore your jottings and scribblings.

April 14, 2006 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home