My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Monday, May 08, 2006

"Proof" Review, etc.

Well, the reviewer liked "Proof" so that's something. Audiences do too. I, on the other hand, am ready to move on.  I never liked Claire to begin with, and playing her is not a lot of fun. Plus, nobody comes to talk to me after shows, because they don't realize I'm playing a bitch, it's called "acting" — I'm not a bitch IRL.   The only saving grace is that I love my cast members and crew — they are fun and sweet, and I enjoy them so much.

I've been feeling under the weather yesterday and today, like I'm coming down with a cold, but I don't have time to be sick until June, so I told my body that, and everything seems under control :P

Nothing more to diarize abt right now, so I'll blog off until I find more inspiration.

*mwah* A

Tags: Proof | Theatre

9 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

aww... i'd come talk to you after the show, i like dogs! ^.^

May 08, 2006 11:03 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

pfffft

May 08, 2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger Mophia said...

awww... i really would! and i do know that you are a wonderful woman and not a puppy dog!

May 09, 2006 12:12 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

in that case :)

May 09, 2006 12:23 AM  
Blogger Katja said...

Why on earth would you want complete strangers talk to you ???? Are you turning into a completely un-Finn behaviour ? I'm starting to get little worried,that you are losing the Finn in you and start to act all strange :) I guess I should've come and visited you this spring, so that you do not get all these crazy ideas about talking to strangers ! I have to talk your parents and start planning an intervention...

Seriously I miss having coffee with you, gardening, the dogs etc. etc. :( And it would have been so cool to see you in Proof.

p.s. The first part of this comment is suppose to be funny. The second part not.
p.s.s. My flip-flops murdered my feet, I've got GIGANTIC blisters. p*rkele

May 09, 2006 12:57 AM  
Blogger Mophia said...

*gives Katja salve* Whew, i almost spilled it on you, sorry!

Do I really type that strangely? :D

May 09, 2006 1:28 AM  
Blogger Mark A. said...

I would think that having the opportunity to play a bitch might be somewhat cathartic. I've often thought about taking a part-time job at some place like McDonald's or Wal-Mart, just so I could act an ass without offending people I care about.

Customer: Umm, I want a Big Mac, but could you hold the onions.

Me: For as little as those things cost you can scrape that shit off yourself.

Or..

Customer: Do you know where I can find toothpaste?

Me: From the looks of you nowhere in your personal medicine cabinet.


'Course, the last time I walked onstage I was in sixth grade and playing Scrooge (I had baby powder in my hair to age me, causing me to sneeze throughout the entire play.) So my thoughts on acting probably aren’t worth much.

May 09, 2006 2:47 AM  
Blogger Mophia said...

I think the problem is that, no one really wants to be that way for a long time. As a novelty kind of thing, i'm sure it would be fun to be able to be a 'bitch' w/ no repurcussions, but it would get old fast, and she is facing 3 more weeks of a 5 week run of being one. Poor anniina :( /comfort

May 09, 2006 2:54 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Thanks guys, appreciate all the sympathy :)

So sorry about your blisters, Katja. Same thing happened to me a week ago with my flipflops (not the monkey ones, but other flipflops).

Yeah it is weird not having you here. Feels like the universe is off-kilter. I don't remember a summer you and I didn't garden together (;_;)

May 09, 2006 3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home