My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Where's Odin When You Need Him?

I want to blog, but I don't have anything cool, or interesting, or beneficial to the world to post.  Today was just one hell of a crappy day, full of insults added to injury, the most memorable of which was the speeding ticket that I got when I was a mile from home at 10:45pm, zoning from exhaustion and the desire to quickly put an end to said crappy day.

I have to believe that tomorrow will be better, that next month will be better, next year, and heck, my next life.  Just not feeling all too psyched atm.  I feel like I'm frustrated in all the things I want to do and be — I can't move to LA for my career because I don't have the money or contacts; I can't publish my children's books which are all written up (and some illustrated as well) because... you guessed it, I don't have the money or the contacts, etc. etc. etc.  So then I try to think, "What can I do?"  And at the moment, not a hell of a lot I can do but to plod on, and hope for a few miracles to fall out of the sky.

All those disgustingly sunny people who say things like, "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity" and "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade", and other self-delusional stuff, to them I say: "What if you've been prepared for a billion years and the opportunity never arrives to make your own luck?" and "Lemons? Who's been given lemons? I don't even have any lemon peels! Plus, I'm allergic to all citrus fruit, at best I'd end up with a rash all over me."

Okay, so that's it for Yours Truly's ranting and whining and bitching.  I don't expect anyone to try to cheer me up or fix these things for me, I just needed to vent.  So please, don't drop me any "aww, chin up" messages, plz, b/c I might just take badly to it.   I just need to sleep this one off.

You know, sometimes I think I must have been meant to live in the fairylands with the fae, but I was swapped for a human child, and now I live a magicless existence as a fairy changeling lost in the bleak land of Pennsylvania.  I have to agree with Aaryn (who plays my sis Catherine in "Proof"): "Pennsylvania should be levelled and turned into a parking lot for New York.

X's and O's,
A
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

when life gives me lemons, i throw them across the parking lot as hard as i can... sorry to hear you had a bad day.

May 25, 2006 1:26 AM  
Blogger Katja said...

Jos Känkkäränkkä tulee iltaisin
ei lapset pysty nukkumaan
koska Nukku-Matti pelkää Känkkäränkkää
ihan tosissaan
Kun Känkkäränkkä tulee ruokapöytään, se mussuttaa rusinoitaan
ja ruuan se saa lasten suussa pahalta maistumaan
Kyllä kylässä voit käydä Känkkäränkkä
kun on Känkkäränkkä-päivä
onhan se kiva, että lapsilla on oma vänkkäräsäärinen noita
Mutta älä tule liian usein Känkkäränkkä
tule vain kerran viikossa
kun sä pistät kaiken ihan länkkä-lönkkä
niin äiti syyttää ipanoita

It sounds like Känkkäränkkä visited you yesterday. I'll save all the positive things to another day, I do not want you to get angry with me. I wish I was there with my cd's; I know just the perfect songs for a bad day.
Have a piece of chocolate, play with the doggies, go to bed and do some yoga tomorrow morning, you WILL feel better, I promise. (oops, was that too positive???)

Hugs from Kiu

p.s. It is my dad's + step-mom's 120 birthday-party today. I'll get to hang with my niece and nephew and nothing cheers me better than their company, I'll send you some positive vibes when I'm with those two monkeys, ok ?

May 25, 2006 2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home