My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Mischievous Muse in Europe

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!  Apologies for the squeeing, but yes, it is true.  I am going!  Flying to Barcelona tomorrow night, then driving to Montpellier in the south of France for a few days, then flying to London for another few, back on Sunday 18th.

Can anyone say wine?  cheese? Shakespeare?  Definitely going to see both Titus Andronicus and Coriolanus at the Globe, although it will be a bittersweet experience sans my Divine Mark Rylance — also hoping to catch Hayfever with Dame Judi Dench, and perchance Derek Jacobi in A Voyage Round my Father.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!


Called my friend Nader, who's a friend from the RADA days, and will get together with him and his g/f as well. Must stop, dying from the happies! Wheeeeeeee!

<3 A

Tags:  Mark Rylance | Shakespeare | The Globe | Theatre | Travel

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

congrats on your trip! have fun!

June 09, 2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

So you are coming to this side of the Atlantic without coming to Finland ? And you are telling it a day before you are travelling ? I feel very, very hurt... I have to re-consider my holiday in PA...

Just kidding (but got you scared, didn't I ???) *hahhaa* Seriously, if you just would have told me about it a bit earlier, I could've arrange myself flights e.g. to London (I'm such a cosmopolitan, you know !!!) and see YOUR London and maybe learn to like it more. (Remember, I can easily name 10 cities that I enjoy more).

Have fun and enjoy your stay ! Turvallista matkaa ! And have one cider for me too :)

Hugs from your Kiu

p.s. I do not think that you know this, but the soccer World Cup started yesterday and England, France and Spain are all participating... So be prepared to encounter all of Europe's soccer hooligans during your stay :)

June 10, 2006 12:51 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

You still can arrange flights, say thursday -> Sunday next week? I didn't know until yesterday, so couldn't tell any sooner :)

And you'd better come to PA and very soon too or I'm simply gonna wither away from missing you... no fun!

Soccer hooligans, eh? Gorram >.<

~A

June 10, 2006 1:21 AM  
Blogger Mophia said...

here, have a baseball bat. those always take care of soccer hooligans ~.^ (or perhaps a pepsis bat?)

June 10, 2006 2:00 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Yo Mophia, still waiting to read your "Meme of 7's" - the 'tag, you're it' remember?

June 10, 2006 2:24 AM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

this is so good... have life, will travel ;-)
if it's not too much trouble, just do your best to drop into amsterdam at any convenient moment (but let me know beforehand :P )

seriously... thanks for dropping by yesterday, it did me the world of good in a confused and incomprehensible situation...

keep well... :D

June 10, 2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 10, 2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger Mophia said...

what... i have to go through that whole list? >.> I'm not so good at listing stuff... @_@

June 10, 2006 2:50 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Hey Bart,

Not making it to Amsterdam this trip, but you have my word on it, if I'm gonna be knocking around there in the future, I will send word immediately - how wonderful it would be to meet one's blog-friends!

June 14, 2006 2:21 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Oh come on Moph, you KNOW how good I am at nagging. *nag* *nag* *nag* - might be easier just to bite the bullet and do the meme? :P

June 14, 2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger Mophia said...

mumu done, as you've noticed :P

June 15, 2006 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home