My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Comcast is the Devil, Part 2

Y'all may remember my bitch-rant on how COMCAST IS THE DEVIL! Well, they ARE! In the past 50 hrs since the freak stormnado, I had Internet access (plus cable TV, plus phone) for a glorious ONE HOUR! Now consider that Andy and Caitlin, who live 2 blocks away, never lost theirs at all. Yet Comcast says "the whole area is down."  Pidgeon-brained LIARS!

The Bastard Swords at the HOUSE OF SATAN kept saying "service will be up shortly" — I had to finally call them and holler "50 HRS IS *NOT* SHORTLY!" Wonder of wonders, the demonspawn seemed to have responded to said hollering, for within 2 minutes, here I am venting about them on my blog.

I am hooked on my electronics — all those hours without internet made me feel disconnected from the world, and I don't do isolation, or feelings thereof, well at ALL.

Also, since I had a b'zillion minutes to just swirl thoughts in my boiling head (still over 100° here), I got to thinking how unimaginative and lackluster contemporary English cursewords were.  I vote for the return to some old favorites from my buddy Billy Shakespeare. I think if the service goes down again, I'll deliver the following litany with my best RADA voice to the next hapless swain who says "shortly" at Com-CAN'T:

 Shakesmouse'Sblood, you starveling, you elf-skin, you dried neat’s-tongue, you bull’s pizzle, you stock-fish! O! for breath to utter what is like thee; you tailor’s yard, you sheath, you bow-case, you vile standing-tuck!

W. S. 1 Henry IV

 

 

7 Comments:

Blogger Riykere said...

Yes, i must say those are more creative words you got there. I have no idea what they mean, but some of the sound pretty bad :þ lol. Sucks about your internet and power going down again. We had an ice storm up in maine a couple years ago that lasted a few days and just sent all the trees and everything into a deep freeze until they started breaking under there own weight and taking down power lines. The Power was off for a week, and in some places more lol. Felt I would share my little story ;) Ttyl~ Remember "complaining helps"~ lol.

July 21, 2006 2:13 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Lol Riy :) Yeah, complaining helps! I don't feel half so angry anymore :)

July 21, 2006 4:44 AM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

anniina, aren't we all slaves of our own electrical needs and electronic perceptions, all at the wrong moments...

for whatever reason, we all need to be able to contact each other in various and historically differant ways, we just need to communicate, connect and be part of something larger for whatever reason and if the methods fail, we feel isolated and lost...

hope i'm making sense... keep well... ;-)

July 21, 2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Yup, you're absolutely right - being the communicative beasts that we are, it is tough. And the thing is, I might not have been on the computer anyway, but the fact that it wasn't by choice got a burr under my saddle :P

July 21, 2006 5:57 PM  
Blogger Riykere said...

I cant entirely relate. If power goes out and I dont really have much to do I just read a book or find something else to do to occupy my mind. I dont really feel the sense of isolation that you guys speak of, or maybe it's that I just dont care lol. I like storms anyway so if the storms still going and the power is out, I usually dont care so much either. Maybe if it was out for a long period of time (days), I'de get bored, and want something to do but I dont exactly understand the isolated feeling you guys speak of.

July 22, 2006 12:12 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Yo, Riykere - I can't believe that you didn't catch my Adam Sandler reference. Was "Water Boy" one of the few you don't own? Think Kathy Bates yelling "Vicky Valencourt is the DEVIL" and just stick in "Comcast", and ya pretty much got me :P

July 23, 2006 12:36 AM  
Blogger Mophia said...

Oh, I thought you just knew my song, but didn't remember the words quite right:

(Insert noun here) is a tool of. Saaaa tan. It will send you down. to the burning pits of hell! *crunchy power chords* *repeat*

So... take this (noun) and shove it... i'll stop here :D

July 25, 2006 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home