My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The World Map of Happiness

Happy World!Katja sent me this link to

The World Map of Happiness.

Created by Adrian White, Analytic Social Psychologist from the University of Leicester, it is a fascinating study of not only who is happy, but why. Health, Wealth, and Education seem to be key. It seems that the people of Denmark are a right happy bunch, coming in at 1st place. Finns (and if you've ever been in Finland in the winter, you would swear this a fraudulent result) came in at 7th, Americans at 23rd, the English at 41st, and the people of Fiji, as Katja pointed out, came in at 57.

*muttering: 'still wanna go to Fiji'...'my stapler'*

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Katja said...

Some of us actually love Finnish winter and autumn... Or studying Swedish... Or verilettu's... And I bet I couldn't find any of those things from Fiji :)

August 02, 2006 12:49 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Dang, I hate the Finnish winter, verilettus (blood pancakes) make me sick to even think of... and I think the Finnish government is fascist for forcing me to learn Swedish, when I would have been much better served learning Latin or Italian. And Fiji has sunshine and palm trees and beaches. :P

August 02, 2006 3:00 AM  
Blogger Mophia said...

the vacationers in Fiji are probably a lot more happy than the people who live there.

August 02, 2006 5:07 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Yeah, I'm sure - but if I was rich enough to move there, I'd be rich enough to be on perma-vacation :P

August 03, 2006 4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home