My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Olbermann for President!

Kudos to Olbermann for standing up. Finally someone respectable in the news media put to words what many of us think. While his commentary needs no addenda, I would like to sum his commentary with a quote, which at times has been attributed to Thomas Jefferson: "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism."


 

5 Comments:

Blogger Riykere said...

I agree with you, he made some good points. A lot of people have been taking shots at Bush and everyone, but I think he came up with some of the better points I've heard. Was a good video clipping ^^

September 03, 2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger Riykere said...

Hey, sorry for the double post. Wanted to let you know I finally got another post up on my blog lol. Also wanted to say that we should talk sometime on AIM. Havent talked to you in awhile ;) lol. Well take care of yourself, and hope to talk to you soon. Send me an email or something if you have new AIM or MSN account or something. Ttyl ^^

September 03, 2006 11:51 PM  
Blogger Mark A. said...

I love what Olbermann says in that video clip, but unfortunately his silly-ass antics hardly lend him an air of gravitas such as Murrow wielded.


BTW, good luck in your new job. Gainful employment is a nice thing…well, kinda. It’s nice to have money; not so nice having to do stuff like, get dressed everyday, or having to put up with other people’s shit everyday.

But the money’s nice.

September 04, 2006 11:41 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking - money's gonna be nice. I'm a little nervous, having to be polite to people all day. Gotten so used to being a cave bear :P

September 05, 2006 12:22 AM  
Blogger Mark A. said...

I quote Randal Graves when I say "This job would be great if it weren't for the fucking customers!"

September 05, 2006 3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home