My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Stranger Than Fiction

Katja and I have been having a great time — we've gone bargain hunting, seen lots of movies, eaten cheesecake, indulged our Starbucks obsession, and watched loads of junk on TV.

(Side note: someone explain to me please, how I'm going to last 13 weeks until LOST returns?!!)

Unfortunately, Katja is leaving tonight. I think both of us wish we lived in the same place, so we could spend time together on a regular basis. Alas, Katja loves living in Finland, and I don't see myself ever moving back, so a few weeks a year is all we get; but, we'll always be best friends anyway.

Today we went first thing in the morning to see "Stranger Than Fiction," which both of us had been waiting to come out. It wasn't exactly what we expected, but it delivered nonetheless. Without spoiling it, I'll just say I thought, in its genre, it deserved an A-.
So, go see it, and then we'll talk :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bart Treuren said...

just watched the trailer, in some ways its so much like "the truman show" but with a definite twist... i think i'll like this one :D

November 11, 2006 5:27 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

I'm alive and hungry :) My dad picked up me from the airport and when I got home, I realised that I absolutely have nothing to eat at home and the grocery stores are closed today (=Father's Day). Now I'm doing my laundry, knitting and waiting the proper time to go to my Dad's and eat his fridge empty :)

BTW, the two safety matches that you gave me really saved my day in London *hehhee*

November 12, 2006 1:31 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Hello, this is my first comment. I think I must go and watch this film this instant. I love stories like this when reality mingles with fiction.

November 13, 2006 5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home