My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Much Ado about Nerves

Okay, my nerves are starting to jitter a bit. I've been auditioning and acting since I was...7? Why does this still happen to me? Not every time, mind you, but when I really want the part. And it's not a fear I won't do well — I'll give it my 100%, and if I don't get cast, then I just wasn't what the director had in mind, or I don't fit in the scheme of the rest of the cast. I've cast enough things to know that casting depends on so many factors, and ultimately the director's job is to cast whichever way serves the play the best, from the people one has to choose from. I know all the relaxation exercises, but they only help so much when you have 5000 cc's of adrenaline coursing through your veins. Okay, so send good vibes my way at 7pm EST. I'm about to go effect a miraculous transformation from Princess Fiona (troll version) to Princess Fiona (Cameron Diaz version) and then, off I go. *jitter, jitter*
 

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

I'll be sending away some of my adrenaline, I'm already having way too much of that stuff.
It's morning so you're through with it. How did it go?

December 21, 2006 2:01 AM  
Blogger Katja said...

Uutisia ???

December 21, 2006 2:23 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Thanks, I felt the good vibes and the adrenaline too :) I did great - I was really happy with it, but I don't think I would cast me for this production if I were the director - unless she had more Benedicks up her sleeve. There was really no good match-up, and Beatrice and Benedick need to kind of be cast as a team - if they don't jell (sp?) together, the whole play falls flat. But maybe she's got more Benedicks, or maybe something else. But I really am not feeling that it's gonna happen. Anyway, it's out of my hands - at least I was pleased with what I did, and in the end, that's all you can do. I should find out in the next two days. I did meet lots of nice actors, though, and the audition was like 4.5 hrs, so we had a lot of waiting time, in which to just hang out, so that was cool.

December 21, 2006 2:36 AM  
Blogger Mophia said...

i'm glad your audition went well, sorry i missed the vibe sending (here's a good vibe for you now though). i've missed seeing u in ffxi. (and i've been back for 3 weeks). course i've been busy w/ work too, so haven't been on THAT much myself. hope to see u soon though. merry christmas if i don't see u before then. -Mophia

December 22, 2006 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home