My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Pottering Around - J. K. Rowling has Nightmares

J. K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books, has started having strange nightmares as she is nearing the end of the seventh, and final, Potter book. And no, I don't mean nightmares of Michael Gambon replacing lovable Richard Harris as Dumbledore, or meeting Emma Thompson as Professor Sybil Trelawney in a dark alley. She's actually dreaming of being Harry and the narrator at once.

In other Potter news, Harry made it once again to the Banned Books List this year, and the Potter books were also the most frequently challenged books of the 21st century (!), but readers voted it their favorite banned book on the ALA poll.

But in the biggest news of all, courtesy of Katja, the title for Harry Potter Book 7 was announced officially on December 21. It is going to be "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," a title that, according to Rowling's own website, came to her while she was in the shower. On the website, be sure to click on the magical hairbrush for some cool tidbits.

That is all we know for now, for sure that is, though speculation about everything runs rampant. How to survive till next July? Well, I'm gonna get my Potter fix on by re-reading all the books, starting right after Xmas.
 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark A. said...

I really hope that this will actually be the end of the series. Not that I don't love the story, but there's something very psychologically satisfying when a story has a definite beginning and end.

And while her writing has gotten progressively better, she still kills me with all the damn adverbs. I don't need to know that Harry spoke "excitedly" every time he opens his mouth.

Sorry, now I'm ranting.

December 23, 2006 1:38 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Heh, no you have a point. I studied screenwriting when I was at UCLA, and the first thing they said was "kill the adverbs."

December 23, 2006 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home