My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Chocobo Raising and other FFXI Tales

Serious Geekiness to follow — avert your eyes if nerdiness gives you a rash.

So, in Final Fantasy, there's a new feature (well, for me, since I haven't played in so long) where you can raise your own personal chocobo. After five days of watching over my little chocobo egg, tonight the egg hatched, and I'm now the proud parent of a sweet little girl chocobo named "RainFlower" — they don't allow you screenshots of your baby choco's, but I found this image tucked away on a bulletin board.



Now I have to read all about her care, so she'll grow to be a brave, strong chocobo.

Later, Corrie and I stood outside the mog house chatting and doing silly things, and I'm hoping he'll send me some screenshots, since mine don't come out nowadays (>.<)
 

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Speaking of addictions. :)))
Is every Chocobo a unique one? Can you influence its growth? Can you make it grow stronger, if you're a good 'parent'? What if it grows up?

January 29, 2007 2:13 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Ahh, great questions! Yes, each chocobo is unique to a degree... you can influence its growth by the amount of attention you give it, in time, affection, as well as type of attention - you can decide how to raise it - whether to nurture its physical attributes such as strength and endurance, or its emotional attributes, such as intelligence and affection. You can feed it different things, which in turn will affect its growth, and teach it different things which will in turn foster different attributes. It will grow up into an adolescent in about 19 days, into an adult in 29 days, after which it will continue to grow and develop. Then, you can decide to breed it with another chocobo, or to use it as a mount or treasure hunter until 129 days, when all chocobos have earned retirement. Tehee! Corrie has already offered me the breeding card of his male chocobo, PrinceZero, in case RainFlower might find him a suitable mate when she matures. This seems so silly, I know, and yet I'm so delighted. I'm am a die-hard GEEK! LOL

January 29, 2007 4:28 AM  
Blogger Mophia said...

hey! i have to give you JackBattle's card then! So RainFlower can have a court of suitors ~.^

January 29, 2007 4:11 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Chick takes after her mom already :P

January 29, 2007 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home