My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Fie Diddle-Dee, a Chocobo For Me!

To return to a subject currently near and dear to me, that is, Chocobo raising, Szélső Fa asked some good questions, which I tried answering, although my knowledge as of yet is a bit lacking.

There's a lot of conjecture on the boards as to what the best strategies are for raising a Chocobo, but no-one really knows much for certain. I'm going to do my best, and hope for a happy Chocobo.

She hatched yesterday, as I said in the previous post, so today she was six days old (they hatch at 5 days). She's adorable. Today I fed her 1 Vomp Carrot, 1 Zeghoun Carrot, and some Azouph Greens. She ate both carrots "contentedly" but the greens, those she gulped down. So I bought more to give her tomorrow. What my baby wants, she gets. I also spent 50,000 gold pieces (gil) on 12 balls of worm paste (ground up worms for the chicks), and will try that tomorrow to see if she likes that.

I also took her out for a few walks to strengthen her, and she made a friend with another baby choco, named Air. After that I cuddled her, and then she was tired, and I put her to sleep until tomorrow. I befriended another Elvaan, whose chocobo is a full-grown black female named BlackDiamond. She was bred for speed and endurance, and will be a racing choco. Here's her picture:



I won't know what color RainFlower will be until day 19—they're all yellow as chickies. Which ever color she turns out, she'll be perfect.

And here's a pic of me - I've since gotten my artifact armor, but I like this picture because it was taken in the Queen's Garden at the Chateau in my home town of San d'Oria, and it's one of my favorite places in the game, so peaceful and romantic, and the gardener really knows his job:


 

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

These are not human proportions, I'm a bit frightened.
Are you sure you're friendly?

January 30, 2007 4:53 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Actually, Alaydhien is not human but Elvaan (an elf race). I'm quite friendly, but I'm also a blackmage, which means if any monster gets in my way they are likely to regret it :)

January 30, 2007 5:30 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

That is quite normal if someone wants to hurt you or interfere with your doing good, hm?
Thanks for the answer I am afraid anymore.

January 30, 2007 7:43 AM  
Blogger Mophia said...

yep, don't need to be afraid of Alay... unless she 'accidentally' let's her 'firega' spell get away from her a bit ~.^

January 30, 2007 5:00 PM  
Blogger The Lion Sleeps Tonight said...

rawr

January 30, 2007 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home