My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Snow in Finland

My folks sent this picture of the snow they have:

Imagine growing up in all that purple and gold and silver.... Can you not almost see the little gnome footsteps leading deeper into the enchanted forest, the fox and her cubs safely in their burrow, the frost fairy touching each stalk of hay with her shimmering wand, the trees whispering secrets in their winter sleep?
 

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Yes, I can.
Was this photo made somewhere near your place of origin?

January 29, 2007 2:11 AM  
Blogger onlyjokinglasse said...

Yes, I'm imagining while I'm shoveling us a path...And the little Ronja gnome is stuck.

January 29, 2007 2:47 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Hahah! This picture is near where my parents live - not where I grew up exactly, but not far. And my dad is right - not so romantic when that's what you have to shovel, and your little dog has to shiver in the cold.

January 29, 2007 4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home