My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Monday, February 26, 2007

A Lazy Day

As you all know, I should be updating Luminarium, writing a few papers, cleaning the house, etc. But today is one of THOSE days. The days when you feel like being incredibly lazy and just surfing blogs and writing blog entries (like, for instance, on the Red Carpet fashions). I also want to make muffins (I already grated a lemon for zest, but I'm also too lazy to go buy butter which I forgot when I was at the grocery store). I've already spent a few hours this morning slaying stuff in FFXI.... In my defense, I did shovel my sidewalk, the neighbor's sidewalk, and her driveway already this morning, too. Eeeeek, which is going to win: the lazy devil on my shoulder, or the industrious little angel whispering in my other ear? GAAAAAAAH.

Solution: I talked to my boss (me) who was very understanding, and said she knows I'm usually a pretty hard worker, and that if I promised to be extra diligent tomorrow, I could have the day off. I told my boss (me) that I promised, and she gave me the rest of the day off. Don't tell my boss (me) that I said this, but I was surprised because usually she (I) is such a hardass (yeah, I am).

Aaaaanyways, what I ended up doing is putting highlights in my hair to lighten up one more notch. Tomorrow I will stick on this gorgeous fox-red hair color, that I found at the store. You see, I once again saw the preview for Spiderman 3, and when I saw MJ in the spider net, her hair like a flame, I was a goner (see that brief instant at 2:14 of the trailer—was impressive on the big screen, trust me). I want that color. I want it now. Will let you know how it turns out.



 

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

new hair! nice!

lazy day! nice!

February 26, 2007 6:29 PM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

It is a nice color, but.... if you ask me, I'd go with whatever the natural color is....I have a slight rememberance of you (?) sitting in a car with legs bended up towards the steering wheel -was that you at all? Now, I like THAT color on your hair the most.
But I see that you're in a red mood, so I don't want to make you see red. Just go red, if you please. And let us know about the results.

February 27, 2007 1:51 AM  
Blogger Katja said...

When are you going to pick up your gift from Kyoto ???

February 27, 2007 5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home