My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Monday, February 12, 2007

The Return of the Domestic Goddess

Occasionally, I get a burning desire to play superwoman-
house-cleaning-organizational-goddess. Today was such a day. Laundry, dishes, going through mail, sending out faxes, doing the groceries, cooking a feast—nothing seemed out of my range today. I got lots done, and am feeling very pleased with myself. If I were a cat, I'd be purring right about now.



Today I finally confirmed that an essay of mine will be published in 7,500 (potentially in 40,000) high school textbooks, so I'm also feeling like a bit of a celebrity. I still have a billion pages to update on Luminarium, but even that seems like a doable task. I have to say I prefer these "King of the World!" days to the "I suck" days. So just enjoying this high for now.

Nothing much else is new, except that my baby chocobo, RainFlower, turned adolescent last night. Will see if I can find a picture somewhere on the net. She's adorable - all gangly limbs, and her feathers are sticking out in all directions. The chocobo handler assures me she is in excellent condition, so all is well in fantasyland as well.

What's everyone up to? Folks, you've all been so quiet lately. Drop a line, pls :)

Love, A
 

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark A. said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful!

So, let me get this straight...you have to print out and send your work to other people before they will publish it?

Dammit. I knew I was doing something wrong.

February 13, 2007 1:44 AM  
Blogger onlyjokinglasse said...

Congratulations! There it is. The Best Seller, The Book of the Month has been published. And only because it has your essay in it!

February 13, 2007 2:48 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Well done - those are the best days! and I have not been quiet lately.... I commented every here and there in this precious site of yours - it's only you that have not perceived them...yet...nothing serious or important though...only that I've been here...
And you?

February 13, 2007 3:02 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Heh, Mark! No, actually they sought me out because the essay is published on Luminarium - but I had to fax them a written permission with my "ransom demands".

Thanks, Dad :)

And, SF, My Dear Little Tree in the Forest, I know. You were exempted from the "silent" comment :) I treasure your comments.

February 13, 2007 5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home