My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Blogxiety

I'm experiencing blogxiety. I feel like I should come up with something meaningful and valuable to say, a proper blog entry instead of just my random thoughts mixed in with poetry, YouTube clips, quizzes and memes. Anyone else out there feeling performance blogxiety?

I feel like my last entries that weren't comic strips and paraphernalia have just been full of "me-me-me" navel-gazing. On the other hand, I feel like I can't write about a lot of the things occurring around me due to the desire to protect others' privacy and anonymity. How do we reconcile that—talking about things that deeply affect us, which to reveal would infringe upon those we care about? Wow, that sentence was barely English. Reminds me of



YODA:
When 900 years old you reach,
look as good you will not...mmm?

.wav



Which brings me to feeling old. I'm feeling like life's passed me by. Like somewhere there was a turn in the road I didn't take. I'm seriously identifying with Bridget Jones who had visions of  "dying alone and being found three weeks later half-eaten by an Alsatian."

And somehow, yours-superbly-talented has turned yet another post into whiny navel-gazing. Bravo me! I think that'll do for now. *sigh*
 

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Stefanie said...

I definitely have frequent blogxiety. And if a majority of posts weren't "me-me-me navel gazing," I wouldn't have a label for "Me me me." ;-)

Also, I definitely feel like life's passing me by, but I don't know really what to do differently to avoid that. (Is this a standard concern for a single 30-something?)I'm not so much worried about the Alsatians, though. For me, the line I identify with is where she says she worries her most meaningful relationship is with a bottle of wine.

March 22, 2007 11:00 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

*How do we reconcile that—talking about things that deeply affect us, which to reveal would infringe upon those we care about? Wow, that sentence was barely English.*

Oh, yes, I love this. I mean I love the sentence, but not the meaning. I'm dealing with it on a frequent basis, too.

And I was planning to make a post about blogging, too. Now I'm confused. You almost told it all...
But probably my navel is something different, so I'll stick to making it an entry, anyway :-p

March 22, 2007 1:57 PM  
Blogger Mophia said...

mm... navel gazing >.>

sometimes I think life has been passing me by since about age 5... it's all been downhill from there!

Now... seriously, so far as blogs go, why should you attempt to somehow make some sort of philisophical (sp?) breakthrough with every post? Verily, I say unto you, a blog, or, web-log, is nothing but a journal, or scrapbook in which you comment about things of the day and store little memories or other little tidbits. In doing that, the philisophical breakthroughs take care of themselves.

Take the Diary of Anne Frank. Was every single one of her entries a life changing bit of information? No, and it is one of the most moving pieces of literature known to humanity.

In other words... stop worrying about looking at your navel... unless it's fuzzy.

March 22, 2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

I turned it a meme.
Anniina, you are free.

March 22, 2007 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home