My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Mark Rylance - I Am Shakespeare

This is a good year for lovers of the Divine Mark Rylance.  Boeing Boeing is playing at the West End till April 28, 2007, after which his worshippers have something new and exciting to expect. Rylance is doing a one-man web-cam show at the Chichester Festival Theatre in August, entitled I Am Shakespeare.

The play is about Frank Charlton, a schoolteacher who is obsessed with the Shakespeare authorship question, and who begins an internet show to further explore possible candidates to the mantle of Shakespeare. In his WWW broadcast, he explores the possible candidates of Sir Francis Bacon, Edward de Vere, Earl of Oxford, and even Lady Mary Sidney, all the while trying to restrain himself from murdering his crazy next-door neighbour.

The show runs August 14 - September 8, 2007. I haven't quite figured out how to get "tickets" for this thing, but the moment I do, I will share the details.
 
Oh, how I love this man!
 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home