My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

April Fools!



LKF 16:
Believe it or not, I have lived this. My mom has a cruel sense of humor sometimes, much like Lucy. When I was 8 yrs old, she told me on April Fools' Day, that a boy I had crushed on since I was 6, was outside our apartment building, calling my name. I remember brushing my hair, and just as I was rushing out the door, my mom yelled "April Fools!"   I've never played an April Fools' joke on anyone, and the day has left me slightly traumatized. I usually hide until it's over. Today, however, I'm off to the hospital to see my grandma again.

Happy Palm Sunday and April 1st, everyone!
 

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark A. said...

How terrible. For some reason I'm reminded of Phoebe Cates in "Gremlins." Granted, you didn't find your mother dead in the chimney, but trauma's trauma, right?

April 01, 2007 3:10 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

Gah. That is an evil trick for a mother to play on her daughter!

I have always hated April Fools jokes, too.

April 03, 2007 2:46 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Yeah, totally. I told her I was gonna post it on the blog, but she only laughed. The woman hasn't a clue sometimes, even though most of the time she's a warm, loving person.

April 03, 2007 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home