My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Little Known Facts About Me, Con't.

Continuation of the Meme of 100.

LKF #17: I was once barred from a Tex-Mex Restaurant/Night Club, named Cantina West, for picking a fight with a group of bikers. Katja and I were almost barred from the swank Broadway Theatre District restaurant Sardi's. Not for picking a fight, mind you, but because we had had a FABULOUS day in New York, had nothing to eat, and had just seen a musical, and their delicious dessert "Boccatella Dolce" got us sugar-high and giggly. The mobster-looking goodfellas pretending to be Maitre d's didn't help our giggle-fits either. Luckily, we had enough sense to clear out of there before they gave us cement shoes and a peek of prime real estate on the bottom of the Hudson river. The Moral: Can't take me anywhere.

LKF #18: My favorite ice-cream flavors tend to revolve around chocolate. My current favorite is Godiva White Chocolate Raspberry. But in truth, any ice cream will do. No, I mean it, any flavor short of garlic ice cream (YUK!) will surely make my tongue and tummy happy.

LKF #19: I detest the color ORANGE. Not if it's on a tangerine or other citrus fruit, or on Halloween, but otherwise, I don't know why it was created. On my trip to Finland I saw several people with orange scarves, etc., and it seemed to be the "IN" color of the moment. I have to agree with Elle Woods of Legally Blonde who said, "whoever said orange was the new pink, was seriously deluded."

LKF #20: I'm allergic to cats. Sad thing is, I like them, but pretty much the moment I see one the histamines start building up, and within minutes or hours (depending on the cat) my face will have broken out in a bright red rash, making me resemble a walking parchment map with red islands and continents on it. However, in my first apartment in the U.S., a black cat with white socks visited my door at nights, and I would feed her cat food I bought just for the purpose. I named her "Nightie"—a few months later I learned that she wasn't a stray, but belonged to the neighbor across the street, who had been wondering why she ate so little at home. I had allergy tests once, which also told me I'm hugely allergic to cows. Although some day I would still like to realize my childhood dream of being a real cowboy (or cowgirl, to the gender-nazis), it may prove problematic. Allergies suck!

P.S. I just realized all 4 of these included some mention of food. Yes, I admit, I am very food-oriented. Speaking of which, it is, as Winnie-the-Pooh would say, "time for a little something."
 

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

I've got the same feeling towards pink.
As for orange, I've started developing a crush on a certain rich, almost-red, almost-brown kind of orange...but not on me - it does not match my skin colour I'm afraid.

April 16, 2007 4:26 AM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

I have no qualms with orange, but I am with you on the ice cream one anyway!

April 16, 2007 9:32 AM  
Blogger Heo said...

I'm with you on the larger ice-cream point, but personally find anything flavored 'white chocolate' to be a conspiracy started by the Russians in order to bring down democracy. Just like caviar.

Also, the Sardi's guys want to be offended by other people's behavior. It's weird.

April 16, 2007 3:26 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Ice-cream lovers of the world unite!

SF and Stefanie - perhaps I was too harsh on orange. Not every shade of it is garish, you have a point.

Heo - fascinating theory on white chocolate, heheheh. You had me chuckling for quite a while. I don't like white chocolate much, but that ice cream will take your tongue with it. As for the Sardi's guys, yeah, it's weird. Although we were giggling like 13 yr-olds. If I had been on the outside of our giggle fest, I doubtless would have considered dumping us on the bottom of a river bank somewhere, too.

April 16, 2007 5:51 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Stefanie - I also should have said little unazukin girls in orange are still very pretty (#^.^#)

April 16, 2007 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home