My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Monday, April 16, 2007

MUSIC: Finland Rocks

Last night, SzélsőFa emailed me a song by Nightwish, a Finnish band, and today I read an entry by Nike on nBlog, called "Those frickin' Scandinavians," which talked about music. HIM, Nightwish, Lovex, and Sunrise Avenue are just a few in a long list of current music from Finland—it's not all tango and polka, peeps.

I hope Katja (who is the music half of us and who even knows the lead singer of HIM), will soon do a proper article on current Finnish rock music. When she does, I'll link it here.

Until then, "Guardian Angel" by Lovex, and the gorgeous "Cyberpunk meets BDSM" video.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Among those, I liked Nightwish the most. Thanks for opening up my eyes re: Finnish contemporary music.

April 17, 2007 4:57 AM  
Blogger LadyMin said...

Darling, thanks for linking to my Blog. :) I am looking around in here and find it to be highly interesting. We seem to share not only our tastes in music, but also in literature - and other things. :)
Keep the good stuff coming. :)

April 17, 2007 5:08 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

SF - I thought Nightwish was right down your alley :)

Ladymin - *blush* thanks, nice to have run across your blog :)

April 17, 2007 5:51 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

Oukei, Lovex and Sunrise Avenue... I'd much rather listen to Finnish tango and polka for a week nonstop, than those two ! Especially S.A. gives me a bad rash. I really have to do a new cd for you :) I am going to add Aino's favourite band's video into my blog today. Be ready for Kotiteollisuus...

nimim. "Aaaavaaan meren tuolla puolen jossakin on maaaaaaaa"

April 21, 2007 4:40 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

NOOOOO! How can you rather listen to polka than Lovex?? Ok, that just blooows my mind. But a new CD will be much appreciated.

April 21, 2007 8:29 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

Because Lovex is aimed to 12-year-old girls.

April 22, 2007 2:10 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

OK, I'm 13, so I'm gonna keep on liking them :P

April 22, 2007 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home