My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Penis Envy: or, I've Been Gypped

I used to plan on coming back as Cate Blanchett in my next life, but lately I have begun to think that instead, I will come back as a man.

Why would I? Statistically, women live longer, are smarter, don't lose their hair, are better communicators, better nurturers, and of course that bit about them being able to bring forth human life. And, a fact that most of the male population reading this can appreciate, the female body is beautiful, complete with breasts and soft curves.

So why would I come back as a man in my next life? It's not just that I've always secretly envied the ability to pee one's name in the snow, but the crux of the matter is this:

If I were a man, I would have a chance of playing the best roles ever written for actors: Shakespeare's Henry V, Hamlet, and Lear, not to mention Richard III, Iago, and Macbeth. I'm not saying Shakespeare didn't write wonderful characters for women as well, he did. I also know that in this world there exist all-female Shakespeare companies, and directors who aren't terrified of cross-casting.

But I don't WANT to be crosscast. I want to be Henry V, Hamlet, and Lear.

I'VE BEEN ROBBED!!!


*end of rant*
 

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

I believe we all have to master both our sides. Feminine and masculine alike. So, go ahead with re-birthing as a man. Chances are you'll be one.

April 22, 2007 4:25 AM  
Blogger onlyjokinglasse said...

I would not recommend. Strongly.

April 22, 2007 1:33 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

SF- *CHEER*

Dad - Why?

April 22, 2007 3:58 PM  
Blogger Doyu Shonin said...

The only thing I ever really liked about being a guy was not having to get out of my kayak every three hours.

Otherwise, girls definitely rule!

risa b

April 24, 2007 1:44 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Hehehe :)

April 24, 2007 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home