My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Rare BLACKADDER: The Cavalier Years

I love YouTube! Here is a rare Blackadder special from 1988, which is not even available on the box set. Catch it while you can, because doubtless the copyright police will yank it sooner or later. Stephen Fry is fabulous as King Charles I. Rowan Atkinson, of course, is always brilliant.

Blackadder: The Cavalier Years, pt. 1
Blackadder: The Cavalier Years, pt. 2
Blackadder: The Cavalier Years, pt. 3

And, if your thirst for Blackadder has not been yet slaked, here is the Pilot episode (Later 70's/Earl 80's):

Blackadder Pilot
 

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

good stuff

April 27, 2007 12:08 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

oh, I liked it, too.

April 27, 2007 8:08 AM  
Blogger Mark A. said...

Brilliant! It really depresses me just that the copyright police yank this kind of stuff, and that regional restrictions on DVD's make it impossible to simply buy things from the UK that I want.

I know I've mentioned "Spaced" as another UK show that's a must-view. (And if you can't play the UK region version, email me...we'll work something out)You might also like "Peep Show" and "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace."

April 27, 2007 11:40 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Katja has a region-free DVD player, and she can watch them all from around the world. That's what I want! Yeah, I saw the first episode of Spaced, but not the rest of them yet. I'll look into the other. So did you see "Hot Fuzz" yet? I haven't yet, but will presently.

April 27, 2007 8:47 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

I love my LG 4750 :)

April 28, 2007 4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home