My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Eurovision 2007: Helsinki Tonight

Eurovision Song Contest will be airing tonight from Helsinki. A big deal for us Finns, who sometimes still feel like we're the one country in Europe nobody's ever heard of. I listened to the 12 Finalists on the website, and I would say, if past years are any indication on which song wins, it'll be Romania. Upbeat, Pop, Silly. Should appeal to all the judges. None of the songs really did anything for me this year. Kind of a blah offering, and everyone's song lyrics can be summed up by "I love you." Really original, dudes.

Where are the good old days when someone like Johnny Logan could come out of the blue and just blow the competition away?

Johnny Logan, Ireland - Eurovision 1987 Winner

I was seriously crush-o on him. *sigh*
 

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Although I can't watch it for we have no tv at home, I hop Ruzsa Magdolna gets home with some nice prize. She's the one from Hungary. I suggest you check her out, if you have the time...

May 12, 2007 2:25 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

Hanna, Hanna, Hanna !

May 12, 2007 2:48 PM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Anniina, but please, the Rumanian song's called 'I love you'. I have just listened to it and...hmm....

May 12, 2007 4:11 PM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 12, 2007 4:16 PM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

The third contestant I watched (the first one being the Hungarian and with the Rumanian as the second, based on your suggestion) was the band from Finland.
Wow. Consider me impressed. This works with me. I had I been a rock star, who-hooo, I would have been performing something similar :)))

May 12, 2007 4:18 PM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

After watching some really stupid and horrible items (incl. but not limited to the group from the U.K.) I found the gem from Georgia. How about that?
I know that by the time you read this it will be over...

May 12, 2007 4:39 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

I wasn't saying I liked that song, SF - I was saying what I thought the judges were going to vote for. Yeah, the English one was awful.

May 12, 2007 6:34 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

We got more points than Sweden and that is all that counts :)

Today Finland plays in the final of the ice-hockey world championship-games against Canada. The game starts at 7 PM (Finnish time), keep your fingers crossed ! And did I mention, that the Swede's are playing in the bronze-match ?

May 13, 2007 4:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hungary should've won, says Anniina's mom. She was definately their Ella or Norah.

May 15, 2007 3:18 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

OMG MY MOM COMMENTED ON MY BLOG FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!! *faints*

May 15, 2007 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home