My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Wayne Shakespeare

I'm raiding the costume room tomorrow, so will have a better idea on what is and is not executable costume-wise, wheee! The actor playing Baptista (Kate and Bianca's father) has his heart set on looking like John Wayne in "The Searchers" — he also requested an eye-patch à la John Wayne as Rooster Cogburn, but that I am nixing. Our stage conditions are going to be a lot darker than the outside and film lights Wayne worked under, plus it's going to raise curiosity from the audience and become a plot point, which the text does not support. Here's what I sketched for him. Directly ripped off from John Wayne, heheh.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jarod said...

Nice! Is that an 1873 Winchester I see?

June 09, 2007 11:34 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Heh, it's my imitation of a rifle, but I wouldn't know a Winchester from any other, I'm afraid *shame*

June 11, 2007 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home