My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Vampire-Pirates Strike!


My dad came over on Tuesday last week, just in time for Halloween. We decorated the outside of the house to the nines and dressed up. I was a vampire and Lasse was a pirate. The light outside was not sufficient to get a non-fuzzy pic, but you get the idea. There were ghoulish noises courtesy of a laughing skull, a screaming doormat and a motion-sensored pirate, and the kids were frightened out of their wits. We had ten bags of Halloween chocolates and candy, and we had a blast. Wilbur had to stay upstairs in the bedroom, because his imitation of the Hound of the Baskervilles was too lifelike and scared one tiny Spiderman to the point that he ran away.

Here's a closeup of my makeup (white face, dark circles around the eyes, "blood" running down the corners of my mouth, and a slit throat):


Since Halloween, we've been busy around the house and with emptying the garage of thrift store furniture. We've been making it "Shabby Chic" — painting it white and distressing it. I'll put up some pics when they're finished. Sticking them on eBay for profit (hopefully) and reclaiming the garage for winter.

We've also been doing a lot of DVD watching. Lasse is quickly getting inundated with Doctor Who, Heroes, Bionic Woman, &c. So keeping busy and having fun. Wheee!
 

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jarod said...

Ha ha! you look great! That must have been fun.

November 05, 2007 1:48 PM  
Blogger Mophia said...

FF7:Advent Children... wow!

November 05, 2007 4:38 PM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

ouch, you do loook frightening! heehee

November 06, 2007 10:40 AM  
Blogger Doyu Shonin said...

Spooks me!

November 13, 2007 5:09 PM  
Blogger Mark A. said...

Ha. I love Halloween. My favorite holiday. We decorated the yard and roamed around the driveway scaring children. My goal was to have candy strewn all about the street in front of the house from children running in fright.

My second goal was to make people gag with my makeup.

November 15, 2007 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home